10 tips to help you prepare for your beauty session
You've booked your beauty photography session. You've bought some gorgeous outfits and have your hair and nail appointments scheduled. But what else should you do? Here are my best tips to help you get ready for a session you won't soon forget.
1. Avoid heavy or salty foods, or anything that could make you feel bloated (even soda)! You’ll want to feel your best for your session, so make sure you eat something filling, but light.
2. Drink lots of water. Hydration is so important– from helping your skin to look good, to avoiding headaches. Bottoms up!
3. Avoid alcohol for 24 hours. Taking a rain check on your nightly glass of wine or weekly girls’ margarita nights will help your skin and eyes look brighter.
4. Get lots of sleep the night before! You may be too excited and restless, but try to get a good night’s sleep before your session so you don’t have bags under your eyes.
5. Exfoliate! You can get a nice glow on your skin by doing an exfoliating treatment, but please do it a couple days in advance… just in case.
6. Some ladies like to get waxed, or do some grooming, in preparation for their beauty session. If you choose to do this, do it at least three days ahead of time! Itchy, bumpy ingrown hairs do not need to be on your mind during your session!
7. Groom. Same goes for your eyebrows! Any waxing, tweezing, or threading on your brows needs to be done a couple days beforehand.
8. Don’t do anything extreme. I’ve spent as much time in a hair salon chair as the next person. I’ve done drastic cuts and colors. But take my advice– don’t do anything crazy to your hair that you might hate right before your session! If you do get a haircut or color, give yourself a week to get used to it.
9. Get your head right with yoga, meditation, prayer, or whatever helps you get in a good mental state. Put a powerful mantra on your mirror, in your car, on the background on your phone, and repeat it to yourself.
One last (bonus) thought…
10. Be yourself! You might think you’re awkward in front of a camera, or not sexy, but trust that we know what we are doing and will help you to get comfortable and have a blast! It’s totally normal to feel nervous… most women are before their session. Our goal is to help you create lasting memories and to see the beauty that you possess, inside and out!